Ok... moving on... Last week Baby Chuck and I made this lava lamp using directions from Steve Spangler's super awesome website. Doesn't it look cool?
|Whoa- swirly sci-fi effects|
Want to make your own lava lamp? (Come on, I know you do!) If so, read on, fellow crapter!
- empty bottle and cap (we used a soda bottle) <-- crap!
- vegetable oil
- dark food coloring (we chose blue)
- alka-seltzer tablet (divided into smaller pieces)
- flashlight (optional- for alien effect)
1. Fill your bottle 3/4 full with vegetable oil. Then, pour water into the bottle until it's almost full. Make sure to lave enough room at the top of the bottle for the alka-seltzer reaction, otherwise liquid will spill out.
2. Add 10 drops of food coloring. (Watch the water turn a different color as the oil remains the same.)
3. Drop your alka-seltzer pieces one by one into the bottle and watch the water bubble and fizzle.
4. (Optional: Put a flashlight behind the bottle and turn off the lights to see sci-fi alien effect)
5. Once you've dissolve all your alka-seltzer pieces, screw the cap on and tip the bottle back and forth. Watch the water and oil roll around. Feel relaxed.