How to Fold an Origami Pikachu
(And yes. These instructions are so easy that even an almost 5 year old can make it!)
Three disclaimers before we start:1) I found these directions over here for Pikachu's face. I added my own spin by adding a set of directions for the body. Both sets of directions are super simple!
2) I don't use yellow paper in the directions. Why? Well... because I also made an Origami Yoda!
3) If you would prefer to see video instructions, check out my friend Maggy over at Red Ted Art. She's got a great video Pikachu Origami tutorial.
Our Current Favorite Pokemon Finds:
- Pokemon Deluxe Handbook - This is our go-to reference manual. It shares stats on 700 pokemon. Yup. Pretty impressive!
- 50 Pokemon Assorted Cards - We just ordered these online and my son is super excited to get his first pack. I thought the price was pretty good, so I thought I'd share the link here.
Let's Fold an Origami Pikachu Face!
Grab your origami paper and let's get folding!
1. Fold your paper in half along the diagonal.
2. Then, fold up the bottom bit. (If you want thinner ears, don't fold your paper as high.)
3. Grab your right side and fold your paper up. Then grab your left side and fold your paper up. Then fold down your top pointy bit.
4. Flip your face over and add details with Sharpie Markers.
Let's Fold an Origami Pikachu's Body!1. Fold your paper in half.
2. Fold your paper in half again.
3 and 4. Place your hand into the opening and push down to create a triangle.
5. Flip your paper over.
6. Place your fingers into the opening.
7. And then push down again to create a triangle.
8. Fold down both corners so they meet in the middle.
9. Flip pit over and do the same to the other side.
Then, just tape the top and bottom together!
They're so, so, cute. Seriously. And, they stand too. What? Oh yeah. My son got a kick out of that.
(Happy making, friends!)
Psst- If you liked this post, you might also like making your own Origami Yoda!