How to Fold an Origami Pikachu
(And yes. These instructions are so easy that even an almost 5 year old can make it!)
Three disclaimers before we start:1) I found these directions over here for Pikachu's face. I added my own spin by adding a set of directions for the body. Both sets of directions are super simple!
2) I don't use yellow paper in the directions. Why? Well... because I also made an Origami Yoda!
3) If you would prefer to see video instructions, check out my friend Maggy over at Red Ted Art. She's got a great video Pikachu Origami tutorial.
Let's Fold an Origami Pikachu Face!
Grab your origami paper and let's get folding!
1. Fold your paper in half along the diagonal.
2. Then, fold up the bottom bit. (If you want thinner ears, don't fold your paper as high.)
3. Grab your right side and fold your paper up. Then grab your left side and fold your paper up. Then fold down your top pointy bit.
4. Flip your face over and add details with Sharpie Markers.
Let's Fold an Origami Pikachu's Body!1. Fold your paper in half.
2. Fold your paper in half again.
3 and 4. Place your hand into the opening and push down to create a triangle.
5. Flip your paper over.
6. Place your fingers into the opening.
7. And then push down again to create a triangle.
8. Fold down both corners so they meet in the middle.
9. Flip pit over and do the same to the other side.
Then, just tape the top and bottom together!
They're so, so, cute. Seriously. And, they stand too. What? Oh yeah. My son got a kick out of that.
And if you liked this craft, you might also like these Pikachu products!
(I'm eyeing the onesie for my youngest. But I'm thinking I'll try DIY-ing one instead...)
- Pikachu Canvas Backpack
- Pikachu Phone Case
- Nanoblock Pikachu Building Set
- Pikachu Wall Decals
- Pikachu Lunch Bag
- Pikachu Onesie
- Pikachu Beanie Cap
- Pikachu Hoodie
(Happy making, friends!)
Psst- If you liked this post, you might also like making your own Origami Yoda!