DIY Magnetic Fishing Game
Materials to make DIY Magnetic Fishing Game
- Watercolor Paper
- Paintbrushes (normal, sponge brushes, and old tooth brush)
- Black Marker
- Paper clips
- Popsicle stick
- Hot glue gun
- Optional: Additional painting supplies (Blue painter's tape, salt, old Easter Egg crayon)
How to Make DIY Magnetic Fishing Game
1. Paint both sides of your watercolor paper. (We tried different painting techniques. We drew marks onto the paper first with our old Easter egg crayon and added some pieces of Blue tape. Then, we painted over the paper. While the paint was still wet, we sprinkled salt onto the paper. The crayon, blue tape, and salt created really cool designs.)
2. Trace a bunch of fish onto the paper, cut them out, and drew on eyes.
3. Attach paper clips to the fish.
4. Cut a piece of yarn and tie one end to the popsicle stick. Hot glue the other end to a magnet.
|Ack! These fish are too smart for us.|
Now you're done! Go ahead and play with your DIY Magnetic Fishing Game!
We put ours in a shallow pan and went fishing.
Look, we caught one!
Make a Moving DIY Fishing Game
Then, I took one it one step further. (Muah ha ha ha.. insert evil scientist laugh here.) I wanted the fish to somehow spin around while we fished. So, I took a Styrofoam plate, and slipped it onto the drill bit of our toy drill.
Then, we put the fish in the plate and turned the drill on.... A couple of fish flew off, but some stayed on. That definitely made it more challenging (and kind of crazy... but in a fun way.)
Have fun and happy crafting!
Psst- Looking for other versions of this DIY Magnetic Fishing Game?Check these out below:
- Itsy Bity Fun has free fish stencils that you can use to make your fish
- Mini-eco has super easy directions for a cool DIY Plastic Fishing game