You were right.
Triangles are really cool.
This crapt is for you.
here and here, this week I tried to diy my own geometric ornament out of straws.
- stirrers <-- crapt!
- Elmer's glue
(1) Cut your stirrers into 12 two-inch segments.
(2) Cut yourself a piece of string that's two arm lengths long.
(3) String four segments onto the string.
(4) Push the segments to the end of the string. Create a square with the straws and tie a double knot to hold the straws in place. (Note: Don't tie the straws too tightly together, otherwise your straws will split under the pressure. I saw this happen with my first attempt.)
(5) String two straws onto your string and then tie those straws down across from your previous knot.
We're going to now tie more straws onto the figure, but this time we'll tie them in the middle of the figure, between each of the pairs of straws. So, you'll have to cut your string.
I made a small loop to hang the ornament from at this point. But you could create the loop elsewhere too.
(7) Tie a double knot in the between two straws in the middle of your figure.
(8) String a straw and then make a knot between another set of two straws.
(Note: The most difficult part about making this ornament was making sure I tied the knot in the right place. I found it helped if I mostly tied the knot over a straw and then slid the knot into place between the straws.)
Voila! Enjoy your ornament and make your math teachers proud.