Why? Well, I had been dying to make a bubble snake blower. And honestly, could you blame me? Look at the long foamy chain of bubbles I was able to blow.
|Wowzers. This photo makes my inner child squeal with delight|
To blow awesome foamy snake-like bubble chains, I just needed a couple of materials:
- empty plastic bottle
- wash cloth
- rubber band
- dish detergent
- plastic container
1. Cut off the bottom of the bottle.
2. Cut a circle out of the wash cloth that's about 1-2 inches larger than the bottom of the bottle.
3. Use a rubber band to attach your washcloth circle to the bottle. That's it!
4. Dip the bottle (wash cloth bottom) into dish detergent that's been mixed with a bit of water.
5. Blow. A foamy bubble snake will appear before your eyes.
(Warning: Do not inhale, only exhale. Otherwise you'll end up drinking dish detergent like I did. Yuck.)
Here are some photos of Baby Chuck and I playing with our bubble snake blower. (You may be wondering why we're in the bath tub. Or why my bathtub is so dirty.... Hmm.. Well, we fully intended to blow bubbles outside, but it was just too cold. The bath tub served as a nice place to try the activity out, since the bubbles created quite a sticky mess on the ground. As for why my bathtub is so dirty... I've neglected to clean it.... eek.)