Right now we're about to celebrate our ninth Valentine's day together... and for some reason I got thinking about that first gift. It was easy to make and didn't cost very much. But, it was really special for both of us. Feeling inspired by that first Valentine's gift nine years ago, here are three really easy, affordable, and sweet DIY gifts to make for your loved ones.
To see the details for each one, keep reading!
- Cereal boxes
- Glue Stick
- Colorful magazine pages
- Nice writing pen (I used a thin Sharpie)
- Clear treat bags
- Individual coffee packets (I used the ones from Starbucks)
- Hershey Kisses
- Tea bags
- Blank pieces of paper
- Clear Tape
2. Cut out identical heart shapes from your magazine pages. Then, cut those hearts in half. Mix and match the different patterns. Use a glue stick to glue your heart halves on.
3. Write a sweet message on the front of your labels.
5. Carefully take off the tags off your tea bags. Cut out cereal box squares that are similar size. Then, cut out slightly smaller magazine hearts. Glue the string between the heart and cereal box backing.
6. Now place your treats inside of your treat bags. Trim the tops of the bag if they're too long. Then, staple your labels on.
Voila! You're done.