Ahh, don't these hearts just brighten your day?
Keep reading to see how we did this activity...
Materials needed to make cellophane stained glass windows:
- Cellophane (although colored tissue paper might work too?)
- Paint brush
- Dish soap
- Rags or paper towels
Directions to make cellophane stained glass windows:
1. Cut your cellophane up into different shapes. (Look at the fish Chuck cut out.... Just kidding! I did this while Chuck was sleeping.)
2. Mix equal parts dish soap and water into a container. This will act as the "glue" to stick your cellophane shapes onto your windows.
3. Use a paintbrush (or your fingers) to wipe the soapy solution onto your windows. Then, stick on your colorful cellophane pieces.
- The soap is going to drip. It's inevitable. But don't worry! Just wipe up excess soap with a rag. If it dries on the window pane, you'll notice a cloudy film. Once again, just clean that up with a damp rag.
- Your pieces will stay stuck to the window as long as there's enough soap between the cellophane and window. So definitely make sure to use enough soapy solution. Otherwise, your corners will curl up as they dry.
Tada! You've got your very own cellophane stained glass windows. They're sure to bring some color...
and whimsy into your life....
And probably surprise a few passerbyers as well!
If you're looking for other design ideas, check out this cellophane rainbow window from Hands On As We Grow and this cellophane stained glass window from Creative Jewish Mom.
Or, if you're looking for smaller stained glass cellophane crafts, check out these tutorial below!
3D Stained glass house Sugar Skull Window Clings Easy Contact Paper Stained Glass
Happy colorful crafting, friends!