Yup! Today we're making our very own Leprechaun hat!
Materials Needed to create Leprechaun Hat Headband:
- Toilet paper Roll
- Scissors (Normal and Fabric)
- Cereal Box
- Green Paint
- Paint brushes
- Glue Gun
- Pipe Cleaners
- Felt (black and yellow)
- Paper (stiffer than computer paper, I used watercolor paper)
- Clear Tape
Steps to create a Leprechaun Hat Headband:
2. Trace your toilet paper roll onto a cereal box. Then, trace a larger circle around your initial circle. Cut out the larger circle out. (This will become your hat's brim.)
3. Cut out the inside circle.
4. Now trace your toilet paper roll onto your paper. Then, trace out another larger circle around your initial circle.
6. Slip your paper circle inside your toilet paper cylinder and secure it with tape. Now you've got the top of your hat completed.
7. Now slip your cereal box brim over the toilet paper roll's tabs. Bend the tabs down and tape the hat together.
8. Paint everything.
9. Cut out a thin strip of black felt and a rectangular piece of yellow felt. Hot glue both on to complete your toilet paper Leprechaun hat.
Now your toilet paper roll Leprechaun headband is complete!
Looking for other DIY holiday headband ideas?I really like this craft because you can always reuse the headband to make other holiday themed headgear like these:
- DIY Valentine's Day "Arrow through the head" headband,
- DIY 2014 New Year's Crown,
- DIY Reindeer Antler headband.
Looking for other easy St. Patrick's Day crafts and activities?Try these out:
Have fun celebrating St. Patrick's Day with this fun toilet paper roll craft!