Materials to Make your own Pi Day Bracelets:
- Perler Beads
- Elastic Cord
How to Make Pi Day Bracelets:
1. Print out a list of Pi's digits. (FYI- I used around 30 beads per bracelet.)
2. Assign each digit of Pi to a certain color. (I made two different kinds of bracelets. For one type of bracelet, I assigned each digit to a different color. For the black and white bracelets, I assigned all odd numbers to black beads and all even numbers to white beads.)
3. Cut a piece of cord that's slightly longer than your wrist's circumference. Then, tape down one end. String your beads according to your number assignments from step 2.
4. Once you've strung on enough beads, double knot your two cord ends together and trim the edges.
5. Had a lot of fun making your first bracelet? Well, keep going (like Pi! Hee Hee...) and make another bracelet according to the next set of digits in Pi.
Proudly wear your Pi Day bracelets on Pi Day!
(Or, give them to a math loving friend.)
Happy beading Pi Lovers!
Looking for more Pi Day Activities for older kids?
Check out the links below for some great and easy ideas!