Let's Make Egg Carton Insects!
(Note: This post contains affiliate links. Thank you so much for your support.)
Materials Needed to Make Egg Carton Insects
- Egg Cartons
- Paint Brushes
- Craft Knife
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaners
- Some awesome bug books!
Let's Make Egg Carton Bugs!1. Cut out your bug bodies (3 piece ant body, 1 piece bee body, and optional 1 piece flower body.)
2. Cover your work area. (We just use a cheap shower liner.)
3. Paint your egg cartons. (We painted next to each other. Chuck is 2 1/2. He painted one whole ant and then some flowers before he got tired of the craft. I didn't mind. I enjoy painting, so I just kept painting the rest.)
4. Let your paint dry. (Please ignore the white tear drop shapes. I was going to turn them into wings, but then used pipe cleaners.)
5. Use a craft knife to poke holes into your egg carton. Then, string pieces of pipe cleaners through.
6. Glue on googly eyes for the finishing touch.
And there you have it- a short, simple, and sweet bug craft.
And here's how we played with them. Yurp. That's my son using the scorpion to re-enact the killing scene from the movie. (He also then proceeded to sting me and hubby several times, thereby "killing" us both. Kids are funny...)
So if you liked this craft, you'll like these others too:
- Egg Carton Wreath
- Toilet Roll Glasses
- Toilet Roll Cactus and Flowers
- DIY Cardboard Cactus Construction set
And you can also find other great kid ideas on my Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter accounts!