I came up with this idea to travel the globe with the Planes and Cars characters!
Let's Learn Geography with Disney's Planes and Cars characters!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
So keep reading to see how I (and 4 other bloggers) taught our preschoolers all about maps!
This activity is so simple to do because all you need is a World map / globe and a child who loves the Cars 2 and/or Planes movies.
By the way... if your child loves cars and planes, then he/she will probably also love these crafts too!
- Toilet Roll Airplanes
- Cardboard airport runway
- Lightening McQueen Painted Shoes
- No-sew Lightening McQueen Costume
- Disney Character Snack Bags
Ok.. back to the map activity. In both movies, the main character travels from country to country to race. (Hmm.. .wait... I'm noticing a theme here, Disney!) As you watch the movie (or as you review the movie with the child), you can add in an educational component by showing your child where the different countries are located on a map or globe. If he/she has a toy, he/she can "fly" or "drive" the car from race to race too.
Chuck had a BLAST doing this activity. He zipped around and later on asked to find the different countries again. I think he just enjoyed reliving the highlights from the movies... and I was just excited that we were learning about geography too!
And in case you need it, here are lists of the locations that Dusty and Lightening McQueen traveled in the movie:
Cars 2 locations:
- United States (that's where they start the movie)
- Tokyo, Japan
- Paris, France
- London, England
- United States
- Unknown location, United States (that's where they start)
- New York City
- Flysenhower (somewhere in the Pacific Ocean)
- New York City
Ok! As promised, here are...
4 More Fun Ways to Learn about Maps with Preschoolers!
- I Heart Crafty Things- Alphabet Ocean Hunt (with free Ship Printable)
- Handmade Kids Art- Visual Mind Mapping With Kids
- A Little Pinch of Perfect- World Map Activities for Kids (with free Printable)
- Artsy Momma- Make Believe Maps
Let's keep in Contact!
Happy creating, friends!