Rawr! Spooky Monster Family Portraits!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
This was a great art project to try out with my 4 year old because he's currently really into Halloween AND he enjoys drawing pictures of our family.
By the way, if you're looking for some fun monster-themed books to go with this art project, here are some of our current favorites.
Our Current Favorite Monster Books:
Monster Family Portraits
To set up this art prompt, I first printed out photos of our family members. We cut them out together and he glued them (using a Glue Stick) to a sheet of paper.
Then, I gave him a bunch of markers and eyes (you can use Googly Eyes or these fun Eye Stickers) and challenged him to transform us into the spookiest monster family around.
He went to town giving us crazy eyes, wings, claws, horns, and spikes. I really enjoyed seeing his imagination at work!
Oh yeah, here's an up close shot of what he did to my photo.
(Yup. I'm pretty scary!)
6 Easy Preschool Halloween Crafts:
Hope you enjoyed this Halloween-themed craft! Here are a couple more that your preschooler would enjoy!
5 More Monster Crafts!
- Jonathan and James and the What If Monster Book and Craft | Artsy Momma
- Monster Eyes Counting Game Printable | I Heart Crafty Things
- Monster Mumble Game and Free Printable | A Little Pinch of Perfect
- A Monstrous Creative Drawing Prompt for Kids | Handmade Kids Art
- Mix and Match Magnetic Monsters | School Time Snippets