I love vintage micro mosaic jewelry, but being a huge cheap-o, I never allow myself to buy it. So, yesterday, armed with a bunch of eggshells and milk jug caps (thanks Tita Tina for the stash!), I made my own version of micro mosaic jewelry. Here are my two finished pendants:
Eggshell Mosaic Pendants
|What a lovely piece of crapt|
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
- Craft paint
- Milk jug caps
- Tacky glue
- Sponge brush
- Mod Podge
- Jewelry Jump Ring
- Drill with tiny bit
1. Wash your eggshells thoroughly. Leave them on pieces of paper towel to dry them. Try to remove the membranes inside.
2. Paint your eggshells with craft paint.
|Oooh. I do love me some color.|
3. Break your eggshells into tiny pieces. (I left this task to Chuck since he's a master destroyer.)
4. Drill holes into the back of your milk jug caps (to insert jump ring in later.)
5. Cover your work area. Glue on your design.
- Put a dab of glue on the cap first and then put your eggshell pieces on.
- Use a skewer to move pieces around.
- Glue on the main design first, then add in the background pieces.
- Give your eyes a break every once in awhile. Otherwise you'll feel cross-eyed.
|I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do... but I mostly let the eggshell pieces (and my love of flowers) guide me|
6. Let the pendants dry. Then, coat your design with a couple layers of Mod Podge to keep your tiny eggshell pieces glued on.
*High five* You made it! Enjoy your crapty pieces of wearable art.
Eggshells and milk caps- who would have thunk it?
(Psst- Hungry for more egg related crafts? Check out these projects: eggshell mosaic pots, eggshell sidewalk chalk, eggshell dolls, or egg carton wreath)