Heh heh. We couldn't wait for Mother Nature to give us colorful blooms, so we painted our own. Keep reading to see a super easy way to make your own rainbow flowers!
Materials Needed to Make Rainbow Flowers:
- White flowers
- Container to hold flowers
- Food coloring
- Paint brush
- Mini muffin tin (or really any cups to hold your colors)
- Towels (You're going to get messy!)
How to Make Rainbow Flowers:
1. Stand your flowers up in a container. (Our flowers were so light, we kept knocking the container down. So I had to hold the container upright.)
2. Mix a couple of drops of food coloring in with water to create your "flower paint." (I put all the colors in a dark mini muffin tray, which was nice because they were all grouped together and hard to knock over. But, we struggled to see the colors since the tray was so dark.)
3. Use your dropper or paint brush to apply colors to your white flowers. (Be warned! If you have a messy artist like me, your colors are going to drip everywhere!)
The results are lovely, don't you think?
Ooh. Let's look a bit closer at the rainbow colors...
Chuck enjoyed using the dropper more than he enjoyed using the paint brush. He ended up getting quite carried away with the activity. He mixed all the colors together and dripped a LOT of food coloring onto our flowers.
Once the colors dried, voila, we had our very own man-made rainbow flowers.
Looking for other Spring flower crafts and activities?
Check out these links below!
Happy rainbow making!